Abu Simbel Temple – معبد أبو سمبل

161
Published on May 4, 2021 by

Abu Simbel Temple

معبد أبو سمبل


The Abu Simbel temple dates back to the era of the great pharaohs who ruled Egypt and built-in it many great temples that still exist so far to be a witness to the genius of the ancient Egyptians. Abu Simbel Temple; Which is located on the west bank of Lake Nasser, behind the High Dam, about 290 km southwest of Aswan.

يرجع تاريخ معبد أبو سمبل لعصر الفراعنة العظماء الذين حكموا مصر وبنوا بها كثير من المعابد الشامخة العظيمة التي مازالت موجودة حتى الأن لكي تكون شاهد عبقرية المصريين القدماء ومنها؛ معبد أبو سمبل؛ الذي يقع على الضفة الغربية لبحيرة ناصر وراء السد العالي نحو 290 كم جنوب غرب أسوان.


The temple was named “Abu Simbel” with this name because of the Swiss traveler “Johann Ludwig Burckhardt” who discovered this archaeological site in 1813; When a child named “Abu Simbel” took him to him, and at that time he was called “Abu Simbel”.

سُمي معبد ب”أبو سمبل” بهذا الاسم بسبب الرحالة السويسري “يوهان لودفيج بوركهارت” الذي اكتشف هذا الموقع الأثري عام ١٨١٣م؛ حين اصطحبه إليه طفل اسمه “أبو سمبل”، وقد أطلق عليه وقتئذ اسم “أبو سمبل.

Advertisements

The temple of Abu Simbel, King Ramses II, was built in 1250 BC, and Ramses II was the third of the Pharaohs of the nineteenth Egyptian Pharaonic family, and he is the most famous king of Egypt in the era of the modern state. When he was in his last teenage years, the throne and the rule of Egypt ruled Egypt from 1279 BC until 1213 BC.

قام ببناء معبد أبو سمبل الملك “رمسيس الثاني” عام 1250 ق.م،  وكان رمسيس الثانى ثالث فراعنة الاسرة المصرية الفرعونية التاسعة عشر  وهو أشهر ملوك مصر فى عصر الدولة الحديثة ، و تدور احداث كثيرة عن قصة توليه العرش ولكن ما يُعتقد به  بأنه جلس على العرش وحكم مصر وهو فى اخر سنوات  المراهقة وكان حكمه لمصر  في الفترة من 1279 ق.م حتى 1213 ق.م.

The Temple of Abu Simbel was distinguished by its unique and creative architectural design, as its façade was carved in the rock and its facade was decorated with four gigantic statues of King Ramses II, each reaching a length of about 20 meters, and following the facade is a corridor leading to the inside of the temple, which was carved into the rock with a depth of 48 meters .

وقد تميز معبد أبو سمبل بتصميمه المعمارى الفريد والمبدع ، حيث نحت  واجهته في الصخر وتم نزين اواجهه المعبد  بأربعة تماثيل عملاقة  للملك رمسيس الثاني، يصل طول الواحد منها إلى حوالي 20 مترا، ويلي الواجهة ممر يؤدي إلى داخل المعبد الذي نحت  في الصخر بعمق يصل 48 مترا.

Advertisements

There are also six other statues at the entrance to the other temple, four of which are of Ramses II and two of his wife Nefertari. The walls of the temple are also decorated with scenes and paintings to record the king’s victories and conquests, as well as religious scenes that depict the king with ancient Egyptian deities. Which was prevalent at that time

كما توجد ستة تماثيل اخرى  في مدخل المعبد الآخر أربعة منها لرمسيس الثانى واثنان لزوجته نفرتارى.كما زينت جدران المعبد بمناظر ولوحات  لتسجل انتصارات الملك وفتوحاته، كما زينت ايضا  بالمناظر الدينية التي تصور الملك مع المعبودات المصرية القديمة. والتى كانت فى سائدة  ذلك الوقت

The temple was built with brilliant precision so that the sun’s rays enter it two days a year, namely February 22 and October 22, and the architectural creativity of this temple appears in the perpendicularity of the sun’s rays on his face, Ramses II, where King Ramses II sits, and next to him are statues of the goddess “Amun Ra” and “Ra Hor my sister” and “Ptah”, the idol of the other world. It is worth noting that religious beliefs were prevalent at that time.

وقد تم بناء المعبد بدقة بارعة بحيث تدخل أشعة الشمس فيه يومان فى السنة ، وهما 22 فبراير و 22 أكتوبر، ويظهر الإبداع المعماري لهذا المعبد  فى تعامد أشعة الشمس على وجهه رمسيس الثانى ، حيث يجلس الملك رمسيس الثاني، وبجواره تماثيل للمعبودات “آمون رع” و”رع حور آختي” و”بتاح” معبود العالم الآخر.وجدير بالذكر ان  المعتقدات الدينة كانت سائدة فى ذلك الوقت

Advertisements

And in 1959 AD, the Egyptian government, in cooperation with UNESCO, set up a program to relocate the temple in order to avoid the temple from being submerged during the construction of Lake Nasser, and to build a water reservoir after the construction of the High Dam in the Aswan Governorate on the Nile River. Indeed, the temple was dismantled, moved and installed in its current location in order to save the Abu Simbel temple in 1964, and this operation cost at that time 40 million dollars.

و في عام 1959م، وضعت  الحكومة المصرية بالتعاون مع منظمة اليونسكو برنامج  لنقل المعبد وذلك لتجنب تعرض المعبد للغرق خلال  فترة إنشاء بحيرة ناصر، وبناء خزان المياه بعد بناء السد العالي في محافظة أسوان على نهر النيل. وبالفعل تم    فك ونقل وتركيب المعبد فى مكانه الحالى  وذلك لاانقاذ معبد أبو سمبل في عام 1964، وقد تكلفت هذه العملية وفى ذلك الوقت 40 مليون دولار.

Advertisements

 

(Visited 913 times, 1 visits today)
Category Tag

Ad